A Palestinian woman was left terrified and confused after a gang of six men attacked her in Hebron on Saturday, and left her unconscious in the streets, her mother said.
The woman was attacked by the men after she left her home, the mother, Zara, told Al Jazeera.
The incident took place at around 3pm on Saturday (local time) when the women were walking to their home to go to the store to buy some clothes, according to the woman’s mother.
When she got to her home she was attacked and beaten by the gang, the woman told Al-Jazeera.
“They beat me and threw me into the street,” she said.
“I tried to run, but they kept following me and I ran until I was unconscious on the street.”
After the attack, the group of men started kicking and punching the woman and throwing her on the ground.
The mother told Al Jazeera that she was forced to flee her home with her children.
The attack took place in a small neighborhood in Hebror.
The group of young men who attacked the woman left her on her side.
“One of them came back to find me and began beating me,” Zara told Al JAF.
“He tried to pull my hair, but I managed to block him with my hands.
He was not going to hurt me, so he just threw me in the street, and then he left me there.”
The mother said she had to run around for several hours before she found a taxi to take her to the hospital.
“Then I went to the police station and asked for help,” she added.
Zara said she was told that the group was part of a “family” of six that had been living in the neighborhood.
The women’s mother said that she and her children were in the house when the attack happened.
She also told Al Ajf that she had not seen her mother since that night.
She said that her mother had not told her about the attack for two weeks, adding that she believed that she would be murdered.
“If she is not killed, she will be buried in a mass grave,” Zada told Al AJF.
‘We are afraid’: A video from the scene of the attack showing the attack Zara says that she did not want her daughter to die.
“We are scared.
We are afraid that the gang members are going to attack us again,” she told Al Al Jazeera, adding she had been informed by the Israeli police.
“When we were trying to escape the house, they attacked us with stones.”
The group who attacked Zara and her family also broke into her house and damaged the car parked there, which she described as a “shelter”.
Zara’s mother told AFP that she wanted to file a complaint against the group, and was hoping that the Israeli authorities would act against them.
“This is a gang attack, they are not doing this for the Palestinians,” Zaya told Al Aqsa.
“And we don’t need them.
We need justice.”
The Jerusalem-based group Breaking the Silence has been providing support to Palestinian women in Hebra since 2012.
“In the past four years, we have seen many cases of women being subjected to attacks by settlers and security forces,” said Breaking the SILVE spokesperson, Yael Kriebel.
“While the perpetrators are rarely punished, we must remind the world that this is not an isolated incident.
Women are being subjected in the name of protecting them from the settlers.
We must take our own action to stop this from happening.”
The Israeli military has not responded to Al Jazeera’s request for comment on the attacks, but the police have issued a statement saying that it is investigating the attack and will “act swiftly if required”.
The incident comes after two attacks by Jewish settlers on Palestinian women, including one on a 17-year-old girl who fled the village of Deir al-Balah.
In June 2017, the Israeli military killed six Palestinians, including a woman, when it launched a military operation against a protest camp in the village.
The Israeli government has repeatedly said that its army does not target Palestinians and that it does not discriminate on the basis of religion.
A Palestinian rights group said that the attacks on the Hebron woman were the “beginning of a systematic campaign of intimidation against women”.
“It is not just the Hebrons.
This is a trend across the West, including in Europe and the US, where Israeli settlers are targeting Palestinians in the Occupied Territories,” Fatah director of human rights, Omar Barghouti, told AFP.
“The Hebron attack is the beginning of a pattern that has been going on for some time.
We call on the Israeli government to take immediate measures to bring the perpetrators to justice.”
A video of the Hebror attack published by the Palestinian Authority showed two